- a customer of For Dignity, including someone who submits an online enquiry for customer support (Customer);
- a mailing list subscriber (Subscriber); or
- a visitor (Visitor) to our website at the domain fordignity.com.au (Website).
You may fall into several categories at once, for example as both a Customer and a Visitor.
1. What personal information we collect and how
- For Customers
As a Customer we collect your personal information including:
- your full name, email address and mobile phone number;
- your shipping address; and
- banking / payment details (including your bank and credit card details) and billing address.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us via the Website, such as when filling out an order or submitting a customer support enquiry.
- For Visitors and Subscribers
As a Visitor and/or Subscriber we collect your personal information including:
- device identifiers, including the version of your web browser, IP address, and cookie information (explained further in the Cookies section below); and
- your interactions with our Website, including what products you view and search terms used.
We collect your personal information when:
- you visit our Website;
- you provide to it us on the Website (i.e. entering information into a form or contacting us via the Website);
- you write us a review on Reviews.io; and/or
- if you otherwise contact us by phone, email or mail.
2. How we use your personal information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes, depending on whether you are Customer, Subscriber and/or Visitor:
- to process and deliver products and services to you (e.g. preparing and delivering goods, managing payments, fees and charges);
- to manage and develop our business and operational processes;
- to provide customer support, including responding to queries or complaints;
- to process payments, shipping and transactions relating to your account as a Customer; and
- to verify your identity for the purposes of protecting the integrity and security of your Customer account;
- to screen purchases for potential risk or fraud;
- to personalise and customise the products and services we offer you;
- to understand how we can better serve your needs as a Customer and those of other Customers;
- to provide targeted advertisements and/or marketing communications (explained in section 4 below) we believe may be of interest to you;
- to conduct surveys and promotions; and
- for such other purposes as permitted or required by any law or court/tribunal order.
3. How we share your personal information
A number of third-party service providers support us in providing services to you. We share your personal information with them to assist us to perform one or more of the purposes set out in Section 2 above. Some of the third parties we engage include:
- Shopify Inc, which hosts the e-commerce platform which we use for payments, marketing, shipping and customer engagement;
- Sendle Pty Ltd and the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), which are our postage/shipping providers;
- Klaviyo, Inc., explained in section 1 below;
- Facebook Inc., explained in section 2 below;
- Google, Inc., explained in section 3 below; and
- io, explained in section 4.4 below.
Some of our third party service providers are headquartered or have their data centres located in Canada or the United States and thus your personal information will be disclosed to them in those countries, but only for the purposes noted above.
We also use certain third party tools ourselves (and do not transfer your personal information to these third parties for their own use). While we constantly review the privacy and security arrangements in respect of these third party tools and control the data they store, in some cases it is technically possible for the providers of such tools to access data containing your personal information.
We will also share your personal information as authorised or required by any law or court/tribunal order.
4. Behavioural advertising, marketing communications and sharing your information
As mentioned above we use Klaviyo, Facebook and Google services to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications (but for email or SMS marketing, only if you have consented to receive such or as permitted by law) we believe will be of interest to you.
If you are a Customer or Subscriber we also use Klaviyo as our subscription email platform to keep you informed of new arrivals, special promotions and stories from our makers. You must opt-in to receiving this special information and can unsubscribe at any time.
- Facebook Ads
If you are a Visitor and you are also logged into Facebook and/or Instagram, we share information about your use of the Website, your purchases and your interaction with our ads on other websites with Facebook, Inc which help us track targeted advertisements. We collect and share some of this information directly with our advertising partners and, in some cases, through the use of pixels and tags. It means when you are using Facebook or Instagram you will see only those of our ads that are most relevant to you.
You can opt out of targeted advertising conducted through Facebook’s platform here.
- Google Adwords
Using Google Adwords allows us to make better use of our paid search or advertisement budget.
You can also opt out of Google Ads here.
Using Reviews.io helps us with our product reviews. If you have written us a review on Reviews.io, we may share that review, including your name, in our marketing emails.
5. Updating and/or accessing your personal information
You have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal information at any time. If you are a Customer and have an account via the Website you can access and/or update your personal information that forms your account profile on the Website by logging into your account. Please ensure you keep your account profile up to date.
Where you cannot update your personal information yourself on the Website you can contact us and request us to update your personal information on your behalf. There is no charge for making such a request or our correction of your personal information.
You can also ask us to access your personal information. While there is no charge to request access, we may charge a reasonable fee for responding to an access request. If we cannot fulfil either your correction or access request for any reason we will write back to you and explain why.
When making a request to correct or access your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
6. Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information including the use of encryption of in-transit data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and thus we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit via the internet.
Information may be collected through the use of "cookies" on our Website. Cookies are small text files that a website can use to recognise visitors who revisit a website so as to facilitate their ongoing access to and use of the website. They enable usage behaviour to be tracked and aggregate data to be compiled that would facilitate more targeted advertising and improved content. Typically, cookies involve the assigning of a unique number to the visitor.
9. If you have a privacy complaint
Our team will investigate your complaint and determine the steps to be taken to resolve it, usually within 30 days. We will notify you in writing if we require any additional information and also of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not happy with the outcome of our investigation you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) whose contact details can be obtained from the OAIC website noted below in the Further information section.
10. Our contact information
11. Further information
For further information about the Privacy Act or to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner, please see the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au.